[NEohioPAL] Debby Kulber - Sad News

dogresqr at adelphia.net dogresqr at adelphia.net
Mon Jul 14 16:43:48 PDT 2008

For those of you who have been touched by Debby Kulber, a truly amazing music director, Deb passed away this morning at 10:20 a.m. from leukemia.    She fought valiantly for 21 monrhs.  She was courageous and gracious to the end. Funeral services will be held this Wednesday, July 16th, at The Temple, Tifereth Israel, on Shaker Boulevard at 10:30 a.m. She was my best friend of 36 years, my birthday buddy (she was 17 hrs. older than I am -- although Deb always said "17 hours smarter") and my dear colleague as Music Director of 14 shows that we have directed together over the past 14 years. She always got amazing results from her casts, and she did it all -- taught vocals brilliantly, conducted and played the show.  At our Beachwood High School productions, we had a mutual philosophy of setting the bar high for our students -- a standard that they always met and, in most cases, surpassed. Over the past two weeks, she had received over 30 letters from students with whom she has worked, some of whom graduated in 1995 and from as far around the globe as Israel.  She changed the lives of many young people throughout the years, and she had the opportunity of hearing from them what she meant to them. May my dear friend, the Music Director Extroardinaire, rest in peace -- Sheila Heyman

--
"DOG" spelled backwards is "G-D."