[NEohioPAL] Assassins Cast Announced

Geoff Short geoffshort at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 18 12:34:06 PDT 2008

> The Berea Grindstone Players Present
>
> ASSASSINS

at the Cassidy Theatre!

> Music and Lyrics by Stephen Sondheim
> Book by John Weidman
>
> Directed by Geoffrey Short
> Musical Direction by Heidi Herczeg
>
> Performances  will be at the Cassidy Theatre in Parma Heights
> October 10-12 and 16-18
>
> FOR MORE INFORMATION GO TO: WWW.ASSASSINSSHOW.8K.COM

WE ARE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THE INCREDIBLE CAST OF ASSASSINS!

John Wilkes Booth - Michael Snider
Balladeer/Oswald - Jacob Wadenpfuhl
Charles Guiteau - Kevin Joseph Kelly
Sarah Jane Moore - Kim Bush
Squeaky Fromme - Holly Facer
Sam Byck - Chris Bizub
Giuseppe Zangara - Trey Gilpin
John Hinckley - Joshua Brown
Emma Goldman/Ensemble - Jennifer Nageotte
Ensemble - Lissa Pavluk
Ensemble - David Turner
Gerald Ford/Ensemble - Michael Strama

GREAT ROLES STILL AVAILABLE! THE ROLES OF LEON CZOLGOSZ AND "THE
PROPRIETOR" ARE STILL AVAILABLE:

Email the Director at geoffshort at sbcglobal.net

> LEON CZOLOGOSZ  (1873-1901) Assassinated President William McKinley
> during a public reception at the Temple of Music Pavilion at the Pan
> American Exposition, Buffalo, N.Y., September 6, 1901. Poverty-worn
> young radical (pronounced Chole-gosh). Lead role with strong vocals.
> Vocal Range: Baritone/Bass

> THE PROPRIETOR  Strong vocals required.  The proprietor \runs the
> shooting gallery that introduces the assassins and is a presence
> throughout the entire show.

> Also seeking a young boy aged 8-12 for the ensemble and to play the
> role of Sara Jane Moore's son, Billy..

> As the country reflects on its administration and the direction we
> will take in this election year,  The Berea Grindstone Players and
> The Cassidy Theatre will embark on a timely and important new
> partnership to bring the musical Assassins to northeast Ohio.
> Assassins is being produced by the Grindstone Players but will take
> place at The Cassidy Theatre .  The show, which will take place a
> month before the current general election, reflects on our culture,
> the American dream and asks many of the questions voters are asking
> right now during this current presidential campaign.
>
> Assassins is bold, original, surreal, disturbing, thought-provoking
> and alarmingly funny.  This most American of shows features the
> wonderful music of Stephen Sondheim and lays bare the lives of nine
> individuals who assassinated or tried to assassinate the President
> of the United States, in a one-act historical “revusical” that
> explores the dark side of the American experience. From John Wilkes
> Booth to Lee Harvey Oswald, Stephen Sondheim and John Weidman bend
> the rules of time and space, taking us on a nightmarish
> rollercoaster ride in which assassins and would-be assassins from
> different historical periods meet, interact and in an intense final
> scene inspire each other to harrowing acts in the name of the
> American Dream.

Visit Some Enchanted Evening coming to Huntington Playhouse
The Berea Grindstone Players present ASSASSINS coming to the Cassidy
Theatre this Fall!
Great theatre is always close to home at Cassidy Theatre!
Visit CAMEO's hot Summer musical Thoroughly Modern Millie ! CLICK HERE!
You'll be "Singin in the Rain" at Olmsted Performing Arts this Summer!
Check out The Avenue one of Cleveland's hottest showbands!