[NEohioPAL] Tues. July.22nd at the Cleveland Improv (ONE NIGHT ONLY) Comedy Benefit

Chad Zumock chadzumock3 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 19 13:00:35 PDT 2008

Cleveland’s Best Comics: ONE NIGHT ONLY!!! to Benefit Big Brothers & Sisters of Portage County

When local comedian Chad Zumock was required to do community service for his DUI, he took his obligation literally by not only sharing his time, but his talents. Zumock single-handedly organized the comedy show, Cleveland’s Best Comics: ONE NIGHT ONLY!!!, to benefit Big Brothers & Sisters of Portage County. The fundraising event is aptly subtitled, Chad’s Community Service Show. “Big Brothers and Sisters helps kids in need of a role model. Maybe if I had been in the program when I was a kid, I wouldn't need to be fulfilling a community service requirement right now," stated Zumock.

“I was excited about the opportunity when Chad approached me with his idea,” said Mike Beder, president of the board of trustees at Big Brothers & Sisters. “He has attended to every detail from lining up a slate of the best comics in Cleveland, to booking the Improv, to promoting the show. Chad definitely fulfilled his court-assigned 24 hours."

Local folks know Zumock through his comedy gigs in northeast Ohio. He has also tickled funny bones during appearances on Spike TV, National Lampoon's Radio, and E!

Cleveland’s Best Comics: ONE NIGHT ONLY!!! will be held Tuesday, July 22 at 8 p.m. at the Improv Comedy Club & Restaurant, 2000 Sycamore Street, in the West Bank of the Flats in Cleveland. Tickets are $10 at the door and $6 in advance.

In addition to Zumock, other comedians volunteering during the evening are Ryan Dalton (Comedy Central's Live at Gotham, Maxwell Show); Mike Polk (HBO's Man in the Box, Channel 43, Today Show); Mike Farrell (Opened for Craig Ferguson); Bill Squire (HBO's Man in the Box, XM Radio); Jim Tews (HBO's The Opener, Boston Comedy Festival Finalist). Headliner will be Jeff Blanchard (The Cleveland Guy, Brown's Tailgate 19).

Between laughs, items will be auctioned off from the Cleveland Cavaliers, Water Street Tavern in Kent, Bar Louie Lyndhurst, among others.

To order tickets, contact Big Brothers & Sisters at 330.296.6655. All proceeds will benefit the agency’s one-to-one youth mentoring program.

More Information: http://www.bbsportage.org

www.chadzumock.com
myspace.com/chadzumock