[NEohioPAL] THE TRUTH Re: Strickland VETOES Film Investor Tax Credit Bill. Sendhim this letter!

Jean Zarzour lipschtick at lipschtick.com
Fri Jul 18 15:07:43 PDT 2008

Jean ZarzourDear Ohioans-  A few days ago I wrote you with news that
Governor Strickland vetoed a bill that would offer Tax Credits to Film
Investors/Producers who want to film in Ohio.  After speaking to Ivan
Schwarz, Executive Director/Greater Cleveland Film Commission and
corresponding with Governor Strickland's office, I discovered that the story
I was told is not true!

The Ohio Motion Picture Investor Tax Credit Bill has not even been voted on
yet, yet alone vetoed by the Governor.

That's great news.

After discovering the truth, I emailed the Governor with my apology for
sending my protest letter.  I've included it again below. Other than the
obvious untruth about the bill being vetoed, everything else in that letter
is still true. We stand to benefit in the millions if we offer film makers
this tax incentive.

Below is Governor Strickland's reply to my apology in which he recommends
that we contact our State Senator and Representative, by calling the Ohio
Senate Clerk at (614) 466-4900 and the Ohio House of Representatives Clerk
at (614) 466-3357 to express our views about the bill.

As sorry as I am for forwarding bogus information, I'm very glad that the
subject came up while there is still time to voice our ideas, hopes and
concerns.

All my best-

Jean Zarzour