[NEohioPAL] New series of swing dance classes with Get Hep Swing begin the week of July 28th!

Valerie from Get Hep Swing valeriesalstrom at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 22 05:56:53 PDT 2008

Classes below taught at Get Hep Swing in downtown Cleveland at 5340 Hamilton Avenue, #205, Cleve, OH 44114               216-374-1927        Mondays July 28th—August 25th7-8 Intermediate Jitterbug More twists and turns on America’s favorite dance! Tuesdays July 29– August 26th 7-8 Beginning Lindy Hop The original form of swing dancing from the ballrooms of Harlem! 8-9 Intermediate Lindy Hop Building upon the basics with fun variations & moves! Wednesdsays July 30– August 27th 7-8 Intro to Swing dancing-The JITTERBUG! America’s favorite dance! Easy and FUN! NEW NEW NEW! 8-9 Partnering Skills No matter what the dance or what your background; let us show you how to connect and understand your partner 10x BETTER! No previous experience needed! Only $50 per person/$80 per couple All ages welcome! No previous experience needed! No need to bring a partner! We rotate partners in our lessons! Make checks payable and send to: Get Hep Swing at 5340 Hamilton Ave, #205, Cleveland, Ohio 44114. For more information see www.GetHepSwing.com or call               216-374-1927        YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER & PRE-PAY at least 3 business days before first class!

Thought this might help explain the NEW class on Wednesday.

THE QUESTION:

Val,

Can you give me a bit more info about what you'll be teaching and what sort of exercises you'll be doing in the partnering skills class?

THE ANSWER:

There are so many ways to lead depending on what type of reaction you are wanting from the follow and how quick you want the reaction to be.

There are tons of drills and moves that will just merely develop partnering skills and ones that help with a compression based connection or a leverage based connection or how to switch from one to another ..slowly...quickly....

also how to really make it understandable that you want to lead a triple step rather than a step step...

how to lead and follow turns properly....

The good news is that no one will have to know ANY dance at all...cause we will not be assuming anything....and the leads will have to lead it all and the follows will have to follow it all.

Valerie Salstrom

Get Hep Swing, Ltd.
A Swing Dance Company

              216-374-1927