[NEohioPAL] Fwd: Romeo and Juliet Packs a Wallop!

Tom Fulton tomtq2 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 08:53:33 PDT 2008

Dear Neopal Subscribers

I just wanted to take a moment to thank producer Fred Sternfeld and Director
George Roth for their remarkable work in developing FPAC's current
production of Romeo and Juliet.

Without a doubt I am biased in this opinion, but I do want to share with you
my pride in the young cast of this production, which takes place in
Fairmount's new theatre at 91 and Wilson Mills.  The show is nearly entirely
cast with teens between the ages of 14 and 18, with a few adult guest
artists.  And as most of you know, Shakespeare is tough stuff to pull off.

This production is bright and clear.  It is performed the way Shakespeare
meant his plays to be performed - simply, on a simple platform, letting the
verse and imagery do the work.  George Roth, who directed, has brought a
love of language to the play and instilled in his young company a trust of
the verse so that throughout the play, the language and action packs a
wallop!  Great sword fighting too!

We only play this weekend (Sat Mat, Sat Eve, Sun Mat, Sun Eve), but if you
have a moment, and haven't seen Romeo and Juliet played by people who are of
the age of characters, go.  Go and enjoy.  It's only ten bucks - and there's
a lot of leg room in our new theatre.  Take a look at the beautiful photos
of the wonderful production here:  *
http://www.fredsternfeld.com/josephromeojulietfpac08.htm*

It think you'll be astonished at the competency of this classical, classy
group of actors.

Thanks to Fred, George, Cast and all.   I hope to see you there!
440-338-3171 for reservations.

Tom Fulton
Executive Director
Fairmount Center for the Arts