[NEohioPAL] Ohio Shakespeare Festival Opens I Hate Hamlet

Nancy Cates nancycates at ohioshakespeare.com
Thu Aug 7 07:56:00 PDT 2008

Ohio Shakespeare Festival performs I HATE HAMLET at Stan Hywet Hall &
Gardens Aug. 7-17

The Ohio Shakespeare Festival wraps up its spectacular 2008 season at the
beautiful Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens, with I Hate Hamlet, a comedy by Paul
Rudnick. The show runs Thursdays through Sundays, August 7 to August 17, at
8pm. The Thursday Aug. 7 show is a $10 "preview" performance. Box office:
330-836-5533

This charming comedy tells the tale of a Hollywood TV star, who comes to New
York City to perform Hamlet in order to beef up his resume. The only problem
is, he hates Hamlet! The ghost of Broadway legend John Barrymore, the
greatest Hamlet of his generation, is compelled to return to show the actor
the error of his ways.

I Hate Hamlet is directed by Nancy Cates, artistic director of OSF. Starring
in the show are Daren Kelly as Barrymore, Stephen Skiles, Lara Mielcarek,
Tess Burgler, Dede Klein, and Scott Shriner.

For more information, please contact:

The Ohio Shakespeare Festival

Performing at: Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens, 714 N. Portage Path, Akron, OH
44303

www.ohioshakespeare.com

507 E. Crain Ave., Kent, OH 44240 330-673-8761