[NEohioPAL] additional choir members needed for concert this weekend at Lakeside, OH (near Port Clinton)

Alan or Judith Higbee aj.higbee at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 13 05:22:21 PDT 2008

Dear friends,
We are looking for 4 extra people to participate in a special Lakeside Choir Weekend August 15-17. Two of our families are unable to go at the last minute so we have two rooms (each with 2 beds) available. If you are a singer and want to bring your spouse who is not a singer, that is fine.  We have rooms reserved at Hotel Lakeside and the Fountain Inn – both have air-conditioned rooms and come with a continental breakfast including cereal, bagels and Danish.  COST is $115/room per night.   However, we are offering a reduced rate of $90/night for each of these 2 rooms in order to maintain our 10 room minimum for the group housing discount.

This is a really enjoyable weekend. Our choir did a similar weekend 3 years ago and everyone had a wonderful time!  Gate Passes are provided for everyone.
 Many folks will arrive on Friday night in order to settle in, enjoy Lakeside and be “fresh” for Saturday’s schedule.  There is also a concert on Friday night that you would be able to attend for free. It is by Phil Dirt and the Dozers playing rock classics to take you back in time.

Saturday there will be rehearsals beginning at 10 a.m. in preparation for the “Night at the Proms” Concert that evening with the Lakeside Symphony under the direction of Robert Cronquist.  The concert will include selections from Gilbert and Sullivan and other British favorites as well as Handel's Zadok the Priest.  If you have never sung Zadok with an orchestra you are in for a truly hair-raising experience.

On Sunday morning, Church of the Saviour’s Sr. Pastor, Dr. Charles Yoost will be the guest preacher and we will sing 2 anthems for the morning service: Order My Steps by Glenn Burleigh and When I Survey the Wondrous Cross by Gilbert Martin.

 MEALS: breakfast is provided with the rooms each morning.  Dinner on Saturday night will be a group meal at Evelyn's at the Abigail (across from Hoover Auditorium.)  This meal will be provided by the Lakeside Assoc. and will have a choice of 2 entrees. Non-singing guests may eat with you but will need to order off the menu and pay for their own meal. Otherwise meals are on your own.

 Please let me know right away if you are interested.  Email is best, or you can call me at 216-321-8880 (days)  216-595-1262 (evenings)

 Thanks,
Judith

 Judith Higbee
Director of Music