[NEohioPAL] Arts Against Autism 8/16/08

David Fox divadxof at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 14 08:10:19 PDT 2008

The Arts Against Autism: An Autism Awareness Expo

www.geaugatheater.org

The Autism Awareness Expo will be held at the Geauga Theater on Saturday August 16th, 2008 from 11:00am - 2:00pm. The cost of admission is free. Food and beverages will be provided with all proceeds going towards Autism Speaks.

The Geauga Lyric Theater Guild is sponsoring an Autism Awareness Expo brought to you by The Arts Against Autism. This information fair is meant to bring knowledge to the masses about this disorder.

Autism is the second largest mental disability in the United States, and sadly there is no known direct cause. Due to limited Governmental funding, we at The Arts Against Autism are committed to doing our part in raising funds and awareness.

This family-friendly event is open to the public.

A multitude of local talent and experienced professionals will join together to bring your family an exciting interactive day including crafts, auctions, raffles, music, magic, and much more!

Renowned Storyteller, Robin Echols-Cooper, will bring your children marvelous tales with songs and onstage interaction. Singer/Songwriter David Fox will be performing some well-known children's songs. Along with many other great faces, there will be Special Guest speakers to give you a firsthand look at what dealing with Autism is like, both in the educational standpoint as well as in the home.

Autism Speaks is holding their annual Walk for Autism at Progressive Field September 28th, 2008. Join our team, Theater Makes the Difference, and spread awareness to the world, one small theater at a time. For more information about the walk click here.
http://www.autismspeaks.org/

Offline donations (i.e. checks, cash, etc.) can be made at the event, or contact The Geauga Lyric Theater Guild

There will be a special presentation at the end of the day which will give you ways to join our team, make donations, and sponsor us as we make the difference.

"The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible."
                   ~Arthur C. Clarke

Always be kinder than you need to be. It may matter to someone more than you know.

www.divadjxof.net