[NEohioPAL] Zoldessy/Loewy: Transplants & Circles

Jacqiloewy at aol.com Jacqiloewy at aol.com
Tue Aug 26 11:48:27 PDT 2008

Dear friends and colleagues,

About 20 years ago, I had dinner with a friend in  NYC.  The task was to keep
him calm while his sick wife was receiving a  bone marrow transplant in
another part of the country.  He couldn't go  because he was conducting an opening
Broadway show.  Yet I have never  forgotten the gratitude and emotion in his
voice as he described what a complete  stranger was doing for him.

In the past few weeks, many people have asked me, "What  made you think about
giving a kidney to Brian Zoldessy?".   I kept  replaying my life to find the
point of inception for the idea.  The freeze  frame kept going back to that
dinner.  My friend is now the Musical   Supervisor for Jersey Boys and, as you
might imagine, quite busy. We chatted  briefly online last week and I told him
what I was doing and explained that I  needed to thank him for planting the
seed.  He said,

"WOW!!  Circles within Circles within Circles.   You just never know."

Now, post-surgery, I am home and recuperating.
Brian is still at The Clinic, but I believe he is going to  be fine.
We were blessed and surrounded by friends and family  through the whole day
of transplant (last Wed).

I wanted to post this because I wanted you (the  community  that fills my
world) to know that the process is not as daunting  as it might seem.  Although
my journey was most of the summer, there  are less time-consuming  and less
invasive  ways to help  people.  Blood donation is vital.  It takes less than an
hour. Another  close friend of mine donated stem cells to save a  complete
stranger's life last month.  That took less than a week  of her time.  If you are
healthy (and believe me, they put you through the  mill to make sure of
that!) and you know someone you think you can help, I urge  you to investigate.  I
am someone who has not, previously, put much stock  in the medical profession,
but what they do at Cleveland Clinic is truly  miraculous.

I will be happy to talk to anyone and answer any questions  at any time.
216-469-9160.

Thanks for reading this and keep Brian in your  prayers.  He cannot have
visitors yet, but my guess is it won't be long  before we see him shining onstage
again!

Warmly,
Jacqi Loewy
13800 Fairhill Road, #519