[NEohioPAL] Extremely sad news for the theatre community

Sharron DeCosta sharron at gfhoch.com
Thu Sep 4 06:04:49 PDT 2008

Our beautiful friend, Ryan Smith passed away this morning. Ryan was involved
in the Cleveland Theatre Community for several years and was involved in
shows at Cassidy, Huntington, Medina and Near West Theatre along with
volunteering at Cleveland Public Theatre.

He fought a courageous, hard struggle in the Cleveland Clinic for several
weeks. Near West Theatre's "Anatoly" has crossed his final border, but he is
still here now....

I am not sure if there will be any type of family sponsored service here in
Cleveland, as he was from Indiana, however, I do feel that those of us who
love him should do something to memorialize him. With the many creative
minds, I am sure we can come up with something appropriate.

I'm looking for something else brilliant and compelling to say, but there is
nothing that comes to mind except  this reading by Paramahansa Yogananda
that has been a great comfort to me at times like these.

I am Flying Home

Goodbye, blue house of heaven. Farewell, Stars and celestial celebrities and
your dramas on the screen of space. Goodbye, flowers with your traps of
beauty and fragrance. You can hold me no longer. I am flying home.

Adieu to the warm embrace of sunshine. Farewell, cool, soothing, comforting
breeze. Goodbye, entertaining music of man.

I stayed long reveling with all of you, dancing with my variously costumed
thoughts, drinking the wine of my feeling and my mundane will. I have now
forsaken the intoxications of delusion.

Goodbye, muscles, bones, and bodily motions. Farewell, breath. I cast thee
away from my breast. Adieu heart-throbs, emotions, thoughts and memories. I
am flying home in a place of silence. I go to feel my heart throb in Him.