[NEohioPAL] Sharon Shaffer conducts HaZamir

Sharon Shaffer bellissimasop at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 6 13:45:12 PDT 2008

HaZamir Cleveland

Contact: Sonia Yungster                                               FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Tel: 216-464-4050 ext 133.

Email: syungster at siegalcollege.edu

SHARON SHAFFER CHOSEN AS THE NEW CONDUCTOR OF HaZamir Cleveland

HaZamir Cleveland announces new director:

HaZamir Cleveland is excited to announce that Sharon Shaffer has been hired to be the new conductor/artistic director of HaZamir Cleveland.  After a thorough search process, Sharon was offered the position based on her extraordinary talent, her extensive experience and her special way of connecting with young people.

Ms. Shaffer studied at the Oberlin Conservatory of Music, the University of Michigan and Cleveland State University, and has trained with some of the leading singing professionals, conductors, and directors, in the music world.  Presently, Sharon studies the art of conducting from the directors of choruses of The Cleveland Orchestra Chorus. In addition Sharon has, and continues to appear on stage in leading roles with professional Opera and Musical Theater companies, appears as a soloist with orchestras and is a frequent recitalist throughout the United States and Europe.  She maintains a busy voice studio in Beachwood and Solon Ohio.

 We are so pleased to introduce her to you and look forward to the work she will do with our current singers as well as the many singers we are confident she has inspired to join HaZamir!  We know you will enjoy getting to know Sharon in the weeks ahead.

As you can see (and hear), Cleveland HaZamir has a totally new and exciting sound this year!  We look forward to seeing you at the auditions and at our rehearsals in the months ahead!  Of course, any questions can be directed to Sonia Yungster at syungster at siegalcollege.edu or 216-464-4050 ext 133.