[NEohioPAL] Auditions

Michael Rubin actorep10 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 5 21:17:08 PDT 2008

For all those naive newcomers interested in or planning to attend the talent call hosted by an International Agency in late September,and posted tonight on NeOhioPal,best wishes always,but here are just a few factual unbiased observations.

1)Cleveland has only TWO reputable SAG/AFTRA franchised talent agencies,The Talent Group and Docherty Talent.There are also a couple of legit extra's agencies,including Marcy Ronen Casting ,among others.
2)There is no website listed in the NeOhioPal Posting,a blatent red flag.
3)I Googled the name in the posting,finding no specific website listings for International Talent in the first five listings.Negative blogs I did find.
4) It is a legitimate practice for some agencies to charge a small fee for placement on their website,but any agency charging you several hundred or thousand dollars to "package you" is a scam.
5) If after attending this free presentation on Sept. 20th,you are"one of the lucky chosen" in an audience of several hundred,and it is requested that you pay any funds to move forward in the casting process,you have encountered a scam.

If I am dead wrong about the International Talent posting,and they are indeed looking to cast Tom Cruise' brother in the next big United Artists feature,I will buy all 4500 members of NeOhioPal a beer*

*After I am paid for the aformentioned role.

Michael Rubin