[NEohioPAL] NEEDED: song-and dance man for OF THEE I SING!

James Harris jharris at hlcommunications.com
Fri Sep 12 07:23:43 PDT 2008

IMMEDIATE NEED !!!

The Gates Mills Players is looking for a male actor to play Jenkins in OF
THEE I SING.  Jenkins is the assistant to Wintergreen, the President, and
was originally played on Broadway by George Murphy, a song-and-dance man who
later was elected the Senator from California in 1964.  Jenkins has 2 songs
(including Love Is Sweeping The Country) in the play.  IF INTERESTED, CALL
(440) 729-1426.

We are also looking for more chorus members who will also be assigned small
speaking parts.  The production is scheduled for Nov 14, 15, 21 and 22.

About Of Thee I Sing :

Gates Mills Players has scheduled the satiric musical OF THEE I SING! by
George S Kaufman and Morrie Ryskind with music by George and Ira Gershwin
for November 14, 15, 21 and 22 at the Gates Mills Community House on Chagrin
River Road in Gates Mills.

This witty satire won the Pulitzer Prize in 1931 and is a wonderfully silly
send-up of Presidential Politics.  Think of it as "The Marx Brothers meets
Gilbert & Sullivan"  since it owes quite a bit to Iolanthe and Trial By
Jury, and  definitely influenced Ducksoup.  You can find a plot synopsis,
etc in Wikipedia or by googling "Of Thee I Sing."

The Gates Mills Players welcomes local actors and actresses to audition, and
particularly welcomes active thespians from surrounding community theaters
in Geauga County and Cleveland's East Side.  Rehearsals are scheduled for 3
times per week.

To schedule an audition for Jenkins, join the chorus, or become a member of
the Gates Mills Players, please contact James Harris at 440.729.1426 ASAP or
email jharris at hlcommunications.com.