[NEohioPAL] Workshop Players - Two More Weekends For "Lying in State"

Workshop Players wspamherst at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 13:00:33 PDT 2008

*Workshop Players Present*

*LYING IN STATE*

By David Hyer
Directed by Virginia Waratinsky

Ed, a State Senator, has died defending his home against a break-in.
Overnight,
he goes from being an ineffective politician to a national hero. The state
honors him by giving him a State funeral. But everything is not as it seems.
The wrong body is in the coffin, several friends and relatives claim Ed told
them they should complete his term. Herb, Ed's campaign manager, tries to
make sense out of everything and find the winning combination, and Ed was
running against a man named George Washington.

The cast includes Jeff Caja, Claude Coller, Marcia Darby, Greg Friedman,
Steve Gable, Maria Vitale and Dawn Watson.

This spoof of politics and funerals will leave you laughing.

Performances are September 19, 20, 26 and 27 at 8 p.m., with Sunday matinees
on September 21 and 28 at 3 p.m.

Tickets are $12.00 each or $10.00 each for groups of 15 or more and may be
reserved by calling the box office at 440-988-5613.

Workshop Players Theatre-in-the-Round is located at 44820 Middle Ridge Roadin
Amherst, and our mezzanine area is now wheelchair accessible. Check out our
website at www.workshopplayers.com

 - 30 -

--
"If all the world's a stage, I want better lighting!"