[NEohioPAL] A Place For Politics?-"We The People Fest" at Kent State University

Make Me Popular makemepopular at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 18 15:40:41 PDT 2008

“We The People Fest” To Be Held At Kent State University
Celebrity Chuck Norris Scheduled to Appear
CLEVELAND (September 17, 2008) –Chuck Norris is scheduled to appear at the first-ever “We The People Fest,” to be held September 26, 27 and 28 in the newly-renovated Oscar Ritchie Hall at Kent State University.
The festival will bring the best of entertainment and politics together by incorporating films, guest speakers and panelists with representation on a local, national and international level.  Exciting new politically oriented films including “Swing Vote”, “Hacking Democracy”, “And The Winner Is…”, “No UmbrellaD, “American Blackout”, “The Youngest Candidate”, “Hollerback”, “…So Goes The Nation”, “How Ohio Pulled It Off”, “Dear Oprah:  Non-Voting America’s Wildest Dream”, “What’s Your Point, Honey?” and “This Brave Nation” will be shown at the fest.  Directors and producers from many of the films will attend to discuss democracy and the importance of voting along with politicians and celebrities.
“With the recent and ongoing focus on the presidential elections, we feel this is the perfect time to educate students about the value of our democracy by spotlighting thought-provoking films, panel discussions and opportunities to get involved,” Paul Shaia, festival co-founder, said.
In addition to the films and speakers, the Open Student Television Network will be broadcasting the event live to campuses across the nation.  For more information about the festival, visit www.wethepeoplefest.com

About We The People Fest:
The We The People Fest is made of a team of people who recognize the value of providing an outlet for independent work and engaging youth by getting them involved. This multi-day festival is designed to stimulate youth about the election process through using various media forms focused on education, awareness, and entertainment. The festival is a celebration of democracy that will provide students and the public an opportunity to register to vote and empower themselves with knowledge about the election process.