[NEohioPAL] TrueNorth Symphony Begins New Season

James Traxler jtraxbay at oh.rr.com
Fri Sep 19 07:43:24 PDT 2008

The TrueNorth Symphony begins rehearsals for its new season on Monday,
September 22.  Rehearsals are held 7:15-9:15 pm every Monday at the French
Creek Nature Center in Sheffield Village, 4530 Colorado Ave. (Rt. 611), 2.5
miles west of the I-90/Rt. 611 interchange.  The TrueNorth Symphony is a
volunteer musical organization playing the works of great masters through
the ages.  In past years we have performed works by Bach, Mozart, Dvorak,
Debussy, Bizet, Vaughn Williams, and Wagner, to name a few.

The programs scheduled for this year include the Christmas Concerts with the
TrueNorth Chorale on Dec. 19 & 20.  The all-symphonic concert will be Feb.
20 & 21, featuring Moussorgsky's "Pictures at an Exhibition" and a concerto,
for which auditions will be held.  On May 30 & 31, we will present our first
Family Concert Series with "The Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra" by
Britten, and "Peter & the Wolf" by Prokofiev.

An informal audition is required for membership.  Contact Jim Traxler for
details.

Jim Traxler

Director, TrueNorth Symphony

 <mailto:jtraxbay at oh.rr.com> jtraxbay at oh.rr.com