[NEohioPAL] BELLY DANCE CLASSES at The Turning Pointe!

Christy McCune christyrmccune at sssnet.com
Sat Sep 20 20:52:50 PDT 2008

TURNING POINTE OFFERS BELLY DANCING WORKSHOP

CANAL FULTON, Ohio -- It's about you. It's about feeling beautiful and
graceful. It's about getting fit and having fun.

The Turning Pointe School of Dance, 2387 Locust St. S., Canal Fulton, offers
a belly dance workshop for six weeks beginning the first week of October.
People can drop in on any class for only $15 per class, or sign up for the
six-class workshop for $75. Students may register for Wednesday classes,
which are 8-9 p.m. beginning Oct. 1, or Sunday classes, which are 7-8 p.m.
beginning Oct. 5.

Students will enjoy learning from Natalya Vyashenko-Connor, who has trained
with belly dancers from Dubai.

"The main focus will be on how to become more comfortable with our bodies,
and to learn how to move beautifully and gracefully," Vyashenko-Connor says.
"We will try to let our feminine side out as much as we can. Very often in
our every day life we forget what it is like to feel feminine, graceful and
beautiful."

Vyashenko-Connor is a teacher at The Turning Pointe and is artistic director
of the Ohio Youth Ballet. She is a former company member of the Alisher
Navoi State Academic Bolshoi Theatre of Opera and Ballet in the capital of
Uzbekistan, and has a degree in Choreography, Director-Ballet-Master and
Teacher of Classical Ballet.

Belly dance students may wear yoga pants, Capri pants or leggings, and have
bare feet. Participants must also have belly dance skirts, which are sold at
any dance wear store. Dancers can wear open belly tops or any comfortable
top.

"There are many different belly dance styles and forms," Vyashenko-Connor
continues. "In fact, each dancer can develop her own unique style, and that
is what we'll try to do."

            For more information, call The Turning Pointe School of Dance at
330-854-1417; visit www.turningpointeschoolofdance.net.