[NEohioPAL] So much for thoughtful opinions.

Matthew Wright Matthew.Wright at oberlin.edu
Thu Sep 18 09:14:43 PDT 2008

An interesting reading of the posted op-ed. I think it says, without
question, that Palin is unqualified, that we all need to proceed with
respect for one another, and that the current crisis in our culture
requires that elect we people who are prepared for their jobs. I am
personally horrified by the notion that because Palin "is just like
us" for an apparently large portion of the population, that she would
be deemed a qualified candidate. After all, how many of us would
actually consider ourselves prepared to take on the job of President?
The arrogance of the populist notion that, because we're  a citizen
of the US, we're immediately qualified to govern this country is
dangerous...as MR. BROOKS HIMSELF STATES is evidenced by the last
eight years. Folks, REALLY read what's in front of you before you
dismiss it out of hand as a conservative "passive-aggresive" rant.
Read the opinion again. I think you might find it speaks to the
cause, in which I believe so strongly, that Obama-Biden is the ticket
that makes sense for our times.

Cheers-

Matthew Wright