[NEohioPAL] Ben Taylor, Hawthorne Heights Open "We The People Fest" With Free Concert

Make Me Popular makemepopular at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 23 04:52:53 PDT 2008

For Immediate Release:
September 22, 2008

Ben Taylor, Hawthorne Heights Open "We The People Fest" With Free Concert
Rock The Vote Road Trip Concert Open To The Public

CLEVELAND (September 22, 2008) –Ben Taylor and Hawthorne Heights are scheduled to perform a free, public concert to kick off the first-ever "We The People Fest".  The concert, part of Rock the Vote's Road Trip tour, will take place from 5:00-7:00 pm on September 26 outside the newly-renovated Oscar Ritchie Hall at Kent State University.
Dayton natives Hawthorne Heights, a post-hardcore band, has found great success on their label, Victory Records, and they released Fragile Future in August of this year. Rock royalty Ben Taylor, son of legendary Carly Simon and James Taylor, is a "neo-psychodelic folk funk" musician with family-influenced sounds. Further information on both can be found at http://www.rockthevote.com/programs/road-trip/participating-artists.html
The festival will bring the best of entertainment and politics together by incorporating films, guest speakers and panelists with representation on a local, national and international level.  Exciting new politically oriented films including "Swing Vote", "Hacking Democracy", "And The Winner Is…", "No Umbrella", "American Blackout", "The Youngest Candidate", "Hollerback", "…So Goes The Nation", "How Ohio Pulled It Off", "Dear Oprah:  Non-Voting America's Wildest Dream", "What's Your Point, Honey?" and "This Brave Nation" will be shown at the fest.  Hawthorne Heights and Ben Taylor join a growing roster of entertainers scheduled to speak or perform, including Chuck Norris. The festival takes place 26, 27 and 28 at Kent State University.
"With the recent and ongoing focus on the presidential elections, we feel this is the perfect time to educate students about the value of our democracy by spotlighting thought-provoking films, panel discussions and opportunities to get involved," Paul Shaia, festival co-founder, said.
For more information about the festival, including schedules, directions and how to purchase tickets, visit www.wethepeoplefest.com

About We The People Fest:
The We The People Fest is made of a team of people who recognize the value of providing an outlet for independent work and engaging youth by getting them involved. This multi-day festival is designed to stimulate youth about the election process through using various media forms focused on education, awareness, and entertainment. The festival is a celebration of democracy that will provide students and the public an opportunity to register to vote and empower themselves with knowledge about the election process.