[NEohioPAL] AUDIENCE ETIQUETTE

Anthony Weishar a_weishar at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 28 08:15:39 PDT 2008

Does anyone have a suggestion for politely dealing with the aroma challenged audience members? Last night (Spet.27) at the Beck performance of Urinetown we hit a new sensory overload level. The scent managed to get past the doors of the light booth and upstairs rest rooms. Hopefully it was not an expensive cologne, because it smelled like Vitalis (mens' hair product from the 60's) by the time it wafted upstairs. This was the second attack in three weekends.

How do we deal with someone who is affecting the performance?
How can theaters make the audience more aware of the need for clean air?
Being a somewhat cynical geek, I'd place exhaust fans at the back exits so the audience can enjoy the latest fashion scents with their show.

Anthony Weishar

Disclaimer: I'm not an asthmatic, just a light guy.