[NEohioPAL] WAKE UP And LIVE's Actors' Studio - Curtain Going Up! "PlayActs" Performances

sue holland johnson suehollandjohnson at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 28 10:50:51 PDT 2008

Hello to our Performing Arts and Theatre Friends . . .

As you know, we're one of those waaaay off -Broadway and waaaay off-Euclid theatre companies which we hope might pique your interest in the performing arts and education work we've been doing for the past 10 years. How about doing joining us to see the exciting performances of   the Grande Dames of local and national theatre, all of whom have long ties to Karamu?

Please see below.  Hope to see you come out and support our Legendary Ladies who just appeared on our "WAKE UP And LIVE with the ARTS" TV show, to discuss their acting history, philosophy and their working together at "PlayActs" Performances, November 9th, which brings them together on-stage, for the first time in many years.

 If you can’t come, we’ll gratefully accept your donation to help us keep our “PlayActs” Performances, WUAL TV shows and our ”New Life, New Image” community service projects alive.

Hope to hear from you by October 15th!
And, be sure to ask us about discounts for groups.

                  Curtain Going Up!
           Order Your Tickets, Now!

WAKE UP And LIVE’s Actors’ Studio
Plays . Prose . Poetry . Performance Pieces .  Dance . Music
 u  Presents  u
“PlayActs” Performances!
 A Benefit
Dedicated to the Memory of Mary Conley Dismuke
Featuring
. Maxine Brown . Eva Withers Evans.
. Jean “Granny” Hawkins . Nora Kellogg .
Joyce Meadows. Norma Powell .  Angela Winborn .
They’re Sassy  & Classy Sistahs
with over 200 years experience in local & national theatre!
with
Appearances by Leon Bibb & Peter Lawson Jones
Sapphire DeFranco . MaryLu Franks . Calvin Lane . James McGilbray .
 Rollin Mac Michael . Kris Smith . Gary Webster . &  . Sue Johnson

Sunday, November 9th
3:00 p
Cleveland Playhouse,  Brooks Theater
8500 Euclid Avenue

u  Join us for an afternoon of theatrical delights! u
including
. One-acts . Staged Readings . Scenes . Poetry .

. Burning Leaves, by Leon Bibb
. The Willow Tree & Mulch Pile: A Love Story, by Grace Butcher
. Love Letters, by A.R. Gurney
. That Seat is Mine, by Gail Wynn Huland El
. The Family Line, by Peter Lawson Jones
. The Dinner Date, by Ted Schvimer
. Four Queens, by Ruby Fox
. Gary Webster’s  TV Divas: Sistahs and Their Mistahs

To Order Tickets
Please Print This Form & Mail To:
WAKE UP And LIVE’s Actors’ Studio
P.O. Box 201524 . Shaker Heights . OH 44120
- or -
email:  wakeup4664 at aol.com .  www.wakeupandlives.org

       Yes, I/we will Attend  . . “PlayActs” Performances

Name _________________________________________________________

Address ________________________________________________________

City ______________________________________ State _____ Zip________

Phone (day) _______________________ (eve/cell)______________________

 Email ___________________________________________________________

 _____ $25.00  ____# Tickets  _____ Seniors  $22.00  _____# Tickets

 Name as it appears on credit card:

 _______ MC/Visa     _______ AmEx

 I can’t attend, but here’s my donation     $___________________________

       WAKE UP And LIVE’s Actors’ Studio is a 501©3 non-profit performing arts and education
       organization.

Make checks payable and mail to:
WAKE UP And LIVE's Actors' Studio
P.O. Box 201524