[NEohioPAL] CASTING FOR WEB SERIES

Matt Pallotta flmdirector at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 20:01:23 PDT 2008

*Red Duck Pictures* is currently casting several roles for an upcoming web
series, consisting of approx. 10 min. webisodes in a comedic Mockumentary
style (like the Office), starring *Bobby Thomas*.  The episodes are going to
be uploaded to YouTube, MySpace, the Red Duck Pictures site, which is
undergoing construction to revamp the entire site, and every popular video
site to arouse interest and gain viewership.  The first 5 episodes are the
main focus for now, to get them off the ground and on the web, but 10 more
episodes will follow, so many, many extras and future roles are going to be
available.  If you do not fit the description, there may be something for
you down the road.  Filming will begin the first weekend in October and go
through the end of November (for the first 5 webisodes), and will take place
on evenings and weekends.  We're hoping to fill these roles soon, but we can
start the filming process with the cast already in place.

What we're looking for:  People with the ability to IMPROV.  The scripts are
written in full, but we want actors has can go beyond the words of the
script, embody the character and say what he or she would say - within the
framework already put in place.
*
Open Roles:
*
*Scott*: 50+ - originally a college film professor, has turned into more of
a bum.  Lost an eye in the field (the video field) and has now taken up
hobbies like being a drunk and/or stoner
*Kelly*: late 20s - early 30s - A single mom who has been hurt by too many
men; she has turned into an angry person who doesn't take crap from anyone.
Her main goal: She wants to get the hell out of Ohio - so she becomes an
actress.
*C.S.*: 35+ (Male) - C.S. is a writer, who has written screenplays in the
past that were picked up, is now looking for his next big break.  A little
pretentious with his appearance, but passionate about writing.
*Shane*: 30s - A film school graduate; currently working at Starbucks.  He
has a punk/emo look to him; always undermining authority and not afraid to
throw a big wrench in the gears.
*Danny Phoenix*: 30s - A local GREAT actor who has been in many national
commercials - well rounded, good attitude, knows what he wants out of life.
*Bert*:  40+ - Good at doing cheesy one-liners and impersonations

If interested, please send an email to: *FLMDirector at gmail.com* and feel
free to visit *www.redduckpictures.com* for more information about who we
are and what we've done.  As stated, the site is undergoing a revamp in
looks, so some pages may not be available.  We will return your request with
a script for the character.  Auditions are going to be in an open style,
please contact us and let us know what your availability is.  Any weekday
evening, this next week is currently available.  For now, the reimbursement
is copy, credit and food, but our hopes are high that this could turn into
something bigger; hence why we haven't given away too much information on
the plot....As more episodes are written, more roles will be announced for
casting.