[NEohioPAL] Congratulate Fred!!!

Stacilynv at aol.com Stacilynv at aol.com
Sun Oct 5 20:17:15 PDT 2008

On behalf of the Orange High School Alumni Association I wanted to make you
all aware that our own Fred Sternfeld ('74) was inducted Friday night (October
 3rd) into the Orange High School Alumni Hall of Fame.  I am sure all  of you
are aware of Fred's many accolades, but I thought I would congratulate  him
officially via the website that he created for all of  us!!!   This is truly a
distinct honor as Fred is one of only a  few selected for the Alumni Hall of
Fame...and we should all let him know how  proud we are of him!!!

Fred was introduced at the All-Class Reunion at Orange High  School Friday
evening as the Association marked its 20th Anniversary (and  the school's 80th
graduation class!).  He was presented with his award at  half-time of the
Orange (v. Beachwood) Homecoming Football Game.  Since  Fred is not one to toot his
own horn, I have reprinted below his  biography (which was printed in the
Reunion program) for those of you  not as familiar with ALL of his talents!!!

Congratulations, Fred!  We are proud of you!!!
: )
Staci Adelman Vincent '83
Orange Alumni Association President

Fred Sternfeld - Class of  1974
Fred is an award-winning professional  director with over eighty productions
to his credit, including Ragtime, the  musical and A Shayna Maidel at the
Jewish Community Center, Fiddler on the  Roof and The Sound of Music at Cain Park,
and Disney's Beauty and the Beast and  Of MIce and Men at Beck Center.    He
is well-known in Northeast  Ohio theatrical circles as one of the top
producers and directors in the region.  Currently, Fred is the Director of Theatre at
Fairmount Center for  the Arts, Artistic Director of Fairmount Performing Arts
Conservatory  and the founder and director of the Fairmount Performing Arts
Camp. FPAC, as it is known, is dedicated to providing professional  theatrical
training for young people. In addition to his work at Fairmount  Center, Fred
freelances at many local area theatres. Previously, Fred was a  consultant
and producer of theatre for the Mandel Jewish Community Center of  Cleveland,
and Artistic Director of the theatres at the Dallas and  Seattle Jewish
Community Centers.

As if all of that is not enough to keep him  busy, Fred serves as co-owner
and vice president for the family business,  Research Organics, Inc.- a producer
of high quality biochemicals for diagnostic,  pharmaceutical and other
medical uses.
As you might suspect, Fred's involvement in  the community is extensive.
Among his current activities  are:
-    Serves on the Board of  Directors for the Cleveland Theatre Collective.
-    Serves on the  Advisory Committee for Kent State University's Theatre
Department.
-    Founder and manager of the  highly-acclaimed online performing arts
newsletter, NEohioPAL- Northeast Ohio Performing Arts  List. The list currently
has over 4,500 subscribers.
Fred and his wife Randi live in Beachwood,  OH. They have two sons, Adam and
Daniel.

###