[NEohioPAL] Ashtabula Arts Center Auditions for "Tuesdays With Morrie"

Pamela Hammond aac at ashartscenter.org
Thu Oct 9 13:01:15 PDT 2008

G.B. Community Theatre

at the Ashtabula Arts Center

2928 W. 13th Street, Ashtabula 44004

will be holding open auditions

on Monday, Oct. 20 at 7 p.m.,

for the role of "Mitch"

in "Tuesdays With Morrie"

By Jeffrey Hatcher and Mitch Albom

Based on the book by Mitch Albom

"Tuesdays with Morrie" is the true story of  a reunion between a student and his mentor after a separation of 16 years.

Production dates are Feb. 12, 13, 14 and 15, 2009.

The role of "Morrie" has been pre-cast.

"Mitch" is based on the real-life Mitch Albom, sportswriter for a newspaper in Detroit, seen frequently at the time on national TV. That said, we are not looking for a Mitch Albom impersonator. He's a type: 37 at the time of these events, articulate, sometimes glib. ambitious, driven, a complete "Type A" juggling a dozen things in pursuit of career success; his reconnection with Morrie takes him in a direction he had not expected.

If you are interested in the role, and cannot make Oct. 20, please call Tom Milligan: 440-812-2893 so we can discuss what would work. Audition will be from the script; copies are available to borrow from the Arts Center main desk.

All G. B. Community Theatre actors are volunteers.  No payment will be made.

Produced by special arrangement with Dramatists Play Services, Inc.

The Ashtabula Arts Center is funded in part by the Ohio Arts Council.

Pamela Hammond
Public Relations/Marketing Coordinator
Ashtabula Arts Center
Phone/Fax: 440.964.3396