[NEohioPAL] Don't miss The Dark Room at CPT on October 21st!

Mindy Herman MHerman at cptonline.org
Mon Oct 13 07:04:04 PDT 2008

CALLING ALL ACTORS , WRITERS, POETS, AND JUST ABOUT EVERYONE ELSE WITH A
STORY TO TELL!

The Dark Room is telling spooky tales this month and its first ever
Story-Slam. What is a Story-Slam? Simple. It is a stage, a microphone,
and a bunch of people telling stories. That's it. There are a few
conditions: One, the story's told must be personal...to some extent.
Two, they must not go over fifteen minutes in length. Three, in keeping
with the Halloween season, we want to hear stories about ghosts, creepy
encounters, or weird happenings. Now, people normally tell their own
stories, but if you are a writer who has severe stage fright, then write
your story down and we will get someone to read it for you. Don't forget
that if you do have a script you want read, you can still bring that as
well!

Also also, there will be Free Food and Drink*.

What more do you want?

Okay, how about when:
Tuesday October 21st
7:00pm - Writers and actors sign-up for open session
7:30pm - Readings begin

Where?

The Church at Cleveland Public Theater (look for the small church
located just east of the Cleveland Public Theater parking lot)
6415 Detroit Ave.
Cleveland, OH 44102

Suggested donation of $5 is welcomed at the door, but not required.

Be sure to check out the Dark Room in the coming months! In November, we
have Carolyn Jack's play Kronos. In December we have Christopher
Johnston's holiday farce Christmas in Rehab or The 12 Steps of
Christmas.

* - while supplies last

Mindy Herman

Communications Director