[NEohioPAL] Hollywood Acting Seminar Rescheduled for April '09

Jessica Novak jesssala at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 13 07:14:25 PDT 2008

RESCHEDULEDDue to the sudden unavailability of one of our participants, we have rescheduled the Discover Me! Actor's Seminar at Lakeland Community College for April 18 and 19, 2009. Please accept our apology for this change and for any inconvenience this may have caused. We look forward to seeing everyone in April.Actor workshop educates participants
about breaking into HollywoodMentor native also seeks to discover local talentKIRTLAND, Ohio –The Hollywood Talent Group is hosting an acting workshop, "Discover Me!", on April 18–19, 2009 at Lakeland Community College in the Performing Arts Center. The two-day workshop/seminar features three top Hollywood insiders. Mentor native Ric Beddingfield, General Hospital actor and Ohio native Tyler Christopher, and Hollywood casting director and Canton, Ohio native Sally Stiner will present and discuss what every actor needs to know to pursue a professional career in film and television.
"This is a great way for those who can't get out to Hollywood to learn firsthand about the ins and outs of the business," said Beddingfield. In addition to the educational aspect of the workshop, Beddingfield is always on the lookout for new talent. He adds that the Midwestern–type is always the most sought after "look."Saturday 4/18 Seminar topics include:
On Sunday, participants will observe intensive auditions of actors selected from Saturday. The selected actors will receive further intensive study, auditioning and feedback including reading with Christopher, training with Stiner, and being evaluated by Beddingfield.
Auditions will be followed by a participant-driven question and answer period with all three professionals regarding the art and business of acting and succeeding in Hollywood.
The two-day seminar fee is $179. ·Life as a professional actor in Los Angeles·Practical aspects of coming to Los Angeles to begin an acting career·Making contacts·Photographers·Acting classes·Marketing yourself·Business aspects of acting and representation·Structure of the business of Hollywood·Studios/networks/production companies ·Agents/managers·The casting process·Practical advice on auditioning and getting a job·Audition process·Cold readingA portion of the proceeds will be donated to The Lakeland Foundation to support the visual and performing arts at Lakeland Community College.To register, call 1-800-261-9142 or e-mail sheri at hollywoodtalentgroup.comor register online. Please find more information at WWW.HOLLYWOODTALENTGROUP.COMWWW.HOLLYWOODTALENTGROUP.COM