[NEohioPAL] the Freakishly Short Animation Festival @ the Akron Art Museum

Kendra L. Minadeo kendra.minadeo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 07:12:37 PDT 2008

The Akron Independent Film Festival begins its partnership with the
Akron Art
Museum with a free evening of Halloween animated shorts

The Akron Independent Film Festival will kick off a series of events
to be held at the Akron Art Museum (One South High, Akron, OH 44308)
with the Freakishly Short Animation Festival on Thursday, October
23rd, 2008 at 7:00 p.m. The program, taking place in the Charles and
Jane Lehner Auditorium, will feature seventy minutes of Halloween-
themed hand-drawn, stop motion, and computer animated films from
around the world; check out the trailer here.

“After seeing overwhelming crowds at the 2008 Akron Independent Film
Festival in April, the AIFF has decided to expand by organizing
programs throughout the year,” said festival founder Rob Lucas. “By
partnering with the Akron Art Museum we can now bring more film,
video, and interactive media programs to a larger portion of the
Akron community.”

“We’re very excited to collaborate with such a creative organization
and use our new auditorium space to showcase original programming,”
said Akron Art Museum associate educator Alison Caplan. “The Akron
Independent Film Festival’s sellout screenings this past year reflect
a need for quality local film programs. We would like the film fest
to bring local filmmakers and fans together, and the Akron Art Museum
will allow the festival to reach out to an even larger audience.”

Among the films featured will be Northeast Ohio resident Megan
Ehrhart’s Audition, the story of an eyeless cousin of an elephant who
reluctantly enters the spotlight to try out for a part in a major
motion picture. Ehrhart is a Professor of Animation at the Cleveland
Institute of Art.

Parking for the event is free after 6:00 p.m. in the High Street
municipal garage directly across the street from the entrance of the
Akron Art Museum. Galleries are open until 9 pm. Admission fees apply
to the galleries.

The film program is free, but seating is limited and will be
available on a first-come-first-serve basis.
The full list of the animated shorts can be found on the second page
of this press release. A video trailer featuring clips from the
program and high resolution digital stills can be found at
www.akronfilmfestival.com.

###
For more information please contact festival co-director Mike Honeck
by phone at (330) 703-0351 or festival director of operations Rob
Lucas at (330) 618-4405.

The festival can be contacted by email at
info at akronfilmfestival.com
www.akronfilmfestival.com