[NEohioPAL] off topic - missing person

Noah Budin nbudin at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 17 11:30:39 PDT 2008

Sorry for the off topic-ness of this, but this was sent to me by another list member and we thought that by reaching out to 4500 subscribers could help this family.  As a parent, I would want this kind of help.

This young man is missing. See the article below and this link to a photo of him. http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn100/sdoerfer/missingperson.jpg
Thanks,
Noah Budin
 Police continue to search for missing Westlake man
by Sara Macho
Thursday October 16, 2008, 1:58 PM

A Westlake resident's disappearance Oct. 12 has spurred a search as far reaching as Columbus.
Family and friends of Matthew Szarka, 26, are despondent over his sudden disappearance from the emergency room inside St. John Westshore Hospital at 2:30 a.m.
Mother Debbie Szarka said her son was checked in to the emergency room after becoming extremely lethargic and unresponsive. He was severely dehydrated and had not eaten recently, Debbie said.
According to a police report, Matthew left the hospital against medical advice and walked to a friend's apartment in Olmsted Falls. The friend reported Matthew was "out of it," muddy, wet and disoriented.
Matthew lied and told his friend he had been mugged and needed money. She dropped him off at Giant Eagle in North Olmsted around 8:30 a.m. Oct. 12 with some money for food items. Surveillance videos show Matthew walking into the entrance of Giant Eagle and quickly leaving through the exit doors heading south to Lorain Road.
He has not been seen since.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Szarka family at (440) 779-4084.
Read more of this story in the Oct. 23 issue of the West Shore Sun.