[NEohioPAL] Lakeland CC Actors Seminar rescheduled to April 09

RBedd at aol.com RBedd at aol.com
Fri Oct 17 15:17:10 PDT 2008

RESCHEDULED
Due to the sudden  unavailability of one of our participants, we have
rescheduled the Discover Me!  Actor's Seminar at Lakeland Community College for April
18 and 19, 2009. Please  accept our apology for this change and for any
inconvenience this may have  caused. We look forward to seeing everyone in April.
Actor  workshop educates participants about  breaking into Hollywood
Mentor  native also seeks to discover local talent
_WWW.HOLLYWOODTALENTGROUP.COM_ (http://www.hollywoodtalentgroup.com/)
KIRTLAND, Ohio –The Hollywood Talent Group is hosting an acting workshop,
"Discover Me!", on April 18–19, 2009 at Lakeland Community College in the
Performing Arts Center. The two-day workshop/seminar features three top Hollywood
insiders. Mentor native Ric  Beddingfield, General Hospital actor and Ohio
native Tyler Christopher, and  Hollywood casting director and Canton, Ohio native
Sally Stiner  will present and discuss what every actor needs to know to
pursue a professional  career in film and television.
"This is a great way for those who can't get out to Hollywood to learn
firsthand about the ins and outs of the business," said Beddingfield. In  addition
to the educational aspect of the workshop, Beddingfield is always on  the
lookout for new talent. He adds that the Midwestern–type is always the most
sought after "look."
Saturday 4/18 Seminar topics include:
· Life  as a professional actor in Los Angeles
·  Practical aspects of coming to Los Angeles to begin an acting  career
·  Making contacts
·  Photographers
·  Acting classes
·  Marketing yourself
·  Business aspects of acting and representation
·  Structure of the business of Hollywood
·  Studios/networks/production companies
·  Agents/managers
· The  casting process
·  Practical advice on auditioning and getting a job
·  Audition process
· Cold  reading
On Sunday, participants will observe intensive auditions of actors  selected
from Saturday. The selected actors will receive further intensive  study,
auditioning and feedback including reading with Christopher, training  with
Stiner, and being evaluated by Beddingfield.
Auditions will be followed by a participant-driven question and answer
period with all three professionals regarding the art and business of acting and
succeeding in Hollywood.
The two-day seminar fee is $179. A portion of the proceeds will be  donated
to The Lakeland Foundation to support the visual and performing arts at
Lakeland Community College.
To register, call  1-800-261-9142 or e-mail _sheri at hollywoodtalentgroup.com_
(mailto:sheri at hollywoodtalentgroup.com)  or register  online. Please find more
information at _WWW.HOLLYWOODTALENTGROUP.COM_
(http://www.hollywoodtalentgroup.com/)

Ric Beddingfield
The Beddingfield Company Inc.
13600 Ventura Blvd.  #B