[NEohioPAL] Fw: A film coming to Cleveland you don't want to miss - Trouble the Water

African Soul International sistajewel at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 1 05:02:28 PDT 2008

Check us out online!  Updates, performances, classes, schedules, and more...     www.africansoulinternational.org

--- On Fri, 10/31/08, James Rucker, ColorOfChange.org <no-reply at colorofchange.org> wrote:
From: James Rucker, ColorOfChange.org <no-reply at colorofchange.org>
Subject: A film coming to Cleveland you don't want to miss - Trouble the Water
To: "Jeanette Jackson" <sistajewel at yahoo.com>
Date: Friday, October 31, 2008, 5:21 PM

#yiv928578253 , #yiv928578253 p, #yiv928578253 table, #yiv928578253 td, #yiv928578253 li, #yiv928578253 div   {font-size:12px;line-height:16px;font-family:verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;}

#yiv928578253 , #yiv928578253 td, #yiv928578253 font {font-size:10pt;}
#yiv928578253
#yiv928578253 p {margin:1em 0em;}
#yiv928578253 td p {margin:0em;}

Dear Jeanette:

Three years after Katrina, few of us have a real understanding of the first-hand experiences of survivors. Starting today, that could change.

Trouble the Water is a remarkable film that tells a gripping story about two survivors of Hurricane Katrina. It opens in Cleveland this weekend, and if enough people go to see it, the chances are greater that it will be released in theaters across the country and spark much needed discussion and real change.

Watch the trailer:

http://www.colorofchange.org/trouble/?id=2237-180704
Find showtimes and purchase tickets at the Cedar Lee Theatre in Cleveland:

http://www.colorofchange.org/link/?id=2237-180704&cat=trouble&link=55
And please forward this email on to your friends and family to spread the word!

Our nation was riveted as we watched thousands left to die when Katrina hit the Gulf Coast. As the national conversation turned to race and poverty, volunteerism shot way up. Folks noticed the huge disparities in our country and jumped up to do something.

Three years later, where are we? What happened to the promises to rebuild? Where do Katrina survivors live? Where are the jobs?

Trouble the Water explores these questions through the amazing story of Kim and Scott Roberts, two people from New Orleans who survived the worst of the storm, then began a long struggle to rebuild their lives. The film takes audiences on a journey that is by turns heart stopping, infuriating, inspiring and empowering.

Trouble the Water won the prestigious Grand Jury prize for Best Documentary at the Sundance Film Festival, and was called "one of the best American documentaries in recent memory," by the New York Times.

By going to see it this weekend, you can help it reach a wider audience and make a bigger impact.

Thanks and Peace,

-- James, Gabriel, Clarissa, Andre, Kai, and the rest of the ColorOfChange.org team

   October 31st, 2008

Subscription Management:

This is a message from ColorOfChange.org.  To remove yourself from
our list, click here: http://colorofchange.org/subscription/?id=2237-180704 .
To change your email address or update your contact info, send an
email to subscriptions at colorofchange.org.