[NEohioPAL] AUDITIONS for RENT: SCHOOL EDITION at FPAC, Sean Szaller, Director

Sean Szaller rentincleveland at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 20:49:54 PST 2008

Fairmount Performing Arts Conservatory [FPAC]

Fred Sternfeld, Artistic Director

is pleased to announce

*AUDITIONS*

for

*RENT: School Edition*

*Director/Choreographer*: Sean Szaller

*Musical Direction*: Mike Caraffi

** We are seeking performers between the ages of 13-18 who are exceptional
actor/singers with pop-rock voices.  All performers must be full time
junior-high or high school students.

** Auditions will be held at the Mayfield Village Civic Center, 6622 Wilson
Mills Road, Mayfield Village (located at the corner of SOM Center Rd. &
Wilson Mills Rd. in Mayfield Village, OH) on Sunday 11/30 (6-10pm) and
Monday 12/1 (7-10pm).

** Auditions will be by appointment only.  Those auditioning are asked to
prepare 32 bars of a pop, rock, r&b, or gospel song.  Songs from pop/rock
musicals are acceptable.  You may sing from the show.  No "legit" musical
theater, please (I,e, Rodgers/Hammerstein, cole porter, Gershwin, etc).  You
must provide sheet music in the correct key.  An accompanist will be
provided.  No acapella singing permitted.  Please bring your book of music
in case you are asked for additional selections.  Also, please bring a
headshot and resume stapled together.

** First rehearsal will take place mid-january, 2009 (some principle
rehearsals may take place during late December and early
January).  Rehearsals will be 5 days per week (generally sun-thurs) from
5-9:30pm.  You will not necessarily be called every day, or for the full 4.5
hours.  Tech week begins 2/16/09.  Full cast will be called  from
5:30-11pmthat week.

** The show will play 10 performances between feb. 20 and mar. 1, 2009.  All
rehearsals & performances will take place at the Mayfield Village Civic
Center.

** FPAC is a professional theater geared toward not only producing the
highest quality shows, but to providing the best education to young actors.
Therefore, we charge a tuition for your participation in this production.  More
information about this is available at the auditions.

** RENT deals with many difficult, but important issues.  As a result, the
language is often coarse and some of the content is mature.  We will be
asking that any cast members under the age of 18 have a waiver signed by a
parent.  This will ensure that you have consent to participate in this
piece.

TO SCHEDULE AN AUDITION APPOINTMENT, PLEASE CALL THE FAIRMOUNT CENTER FOR
THE ARTS OFFICE AT 440-338-3171 (M-F,9am-4pm)

FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT ABOUT THE PRODUCTION, PLEASE EMAIL:
RentInCleveland at gmail.com<http://us.mc451.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=RentInCleveland@gmail.com>