[NEohioPAL] 11/19: LAST CHANCE TO SEE ODDY FEST NOVEMBER!

Oddy Festival oddyfest at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 17:38:41 PST 2008

Please join us next Wednesday (11/19) at 8 p.m. at the Heights Arts Studio
(across Lee Road from the main branch of the Cleveland Heights Library) for
Oddy Fest November: "Going Back to Work."  I have been offering and will
continue to offer *half-price ($5) to anyone who mentions NEOhioPAL*, but
have yet to have one individual mention this listserv.  Clap your hands if
you believe in Tinkerbell, kids.

Be warned: expect to be a part of the action, as we transform the studio
into an entropic universe of stuffness and folding chairs!  Audiences have
really been scratching their heads and exercising their diaphragms
(laughter-muscles, not the other kind) with this one, so come on down to
Cleveland Heights 11/19 at 8 for some odd theatre, music, video, and
fiction.

*The THIRD ODDY FEST SHOW*:

GOING BACK TO WORK: POST-ELECTION SPECIAL

Head out to a zany night of original theatre the day after

Election Day (you may have heard something about that),

and/or the week before Thanksgiving.

*Whether you're thankful or disillusioned, OddyFest is the place for you!*

*"Klutz"* by Matt Greenfield*

A woman finds herself in a back-alley office universe where

objects are center-stage and persons are klutzes in their visceral grips.

Her "co-workers," a boss, a secretary, and a philosophical janitor,

attempt to guide her through the physical and cerebral difficulties.

(Imagine Charlie Chaplin combined with Poor Yorick.)

* "Respect the Moustache" by Steve Maistros*

Premiering at Dark Room, this hilarious look at

senseless office policy involves archaic spelling of the word "moustache,"

as well as a mustache.

*That's not all! … Stick around*

*for original odd music to follow the plays!*

*One show left only!*

* *

*NOVEMBER 19th*

*8 p.m. *

*HEIGHTS ARTS STUDIO*

*2340 Lee Road (across the bridge)*

*(on the west side of the Cleveland Heights Library)*

* *

*DOORS OPEN 7:30!  ALL TICKETS $10**!*

* *

**Only the title is in Yiddish—this is not an attempted revival of the
Yiddish theatre.*

* *

***I'm tired of offering NEOhioPAL discounts that are overly-complex. So, you
mention NEOhioPAL, you get in for half-price!*

--
Matt Greenfield
The Oddy Festival
oddyfest at gmail.com