[NEohioPAL] GOING BACK TO WORK (and snow?) WITH ODDY 11/19

Oddy Festival oddyfest at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 17:25:23 PST 2008

Head over to Heights Arts Studio for a doubtlessly snowy evening of original
theatre and music Wednesday night at 8 (doors open at 7:30 for a pre-show
short story reading).  This is OddyFest's last showing of our November
feature, "Going Back to Work," our tribute to snowplowpersons across the
Great Lakes.  jk (that's text lingo for just kidding)-- it's actually an
alternatively philosophical and awkwardly-funny peek at life at the office.
MENTION NEOHIOPAL AND GET IN FOR HALF-PRICE ($5).  Be prepared to physically
make your own space in our purposefully-cluttered office space.

Stay tuned-- we'll be back at the HA studio in two weeks for the premiere
our year-end December show, "The End?"

*The THIRD ODDY FEST SHOW*:

GOING BACK TO WORK: POST-ELECTION SPECIAL

Head out to a zany night of original theatre the day after

Election Day (you may have heard something about that),

and/or the week before Thanksgiving.

*Whether you're thankful or disillusioned, OddyFest is the place for you!*

*"Klutz"* by Matt Greenfield*

A woman finds herself in a back-alley office universe where

objects are center-stage and persons are klutzes in their visceral grips.

Her "co-workers," a boss, a secretary, and a philosophical janitor,

attempt to guide her through the physical and cerebral difficulties.

(Imagine Charlie Chaplin combined with Poor Yorick.)

* "Respect the Moustache" by Steve Maistros*

Premiering at Dark Room, this hilarious look at

senseless office policy involves archaic spelling of the word "moustache,"

as well as a mustache.

*That's not all! … Stick around for a third dramatic sampling*

*as well as original odd music to follow the plays!*

*LAST CHANCE!*

*NOVEMBER 19th*

*8 p.m. *

*HEIGHTS ARTS STUDIO*

*2340 Lee Road (across the bridge)*

*(on the west side of the Cleveland Heights Library)*

* *

*DOORS OPEN 7:30!  ALL TICKETS $10**!*

* *

**Only the title is in Yiddish—this is not an attempted revival of the
Yiddish theatre.*

* *

***I'm tired of offering NEOhioPAL discounts that are overly-complex. So, you
mention NEOhioPAL, you get in for half-price!*

--
Matt Greenfield
The Oddy Festival
oddyfest at gmail.com