[NEohioPAL] "OF THEE I SING" FINAL PERFORMANCES NOV 21 & 22

James Harris jharris at hlcommunications.com
Tue Nov 18 07:10:17 PST 2008

DON'T MISS IT!

The final 2 performance dates of The Gates Mills Players adaptation of Of
Thee I Sing,
the hilarious 1931 satire on presidential politics, will be Nov. 21-22 (Fri
and Sat) at the
Gates Mills Community House, 1460 Chagrin River Rd.  Curtain is 8 pm.

Written by George S. Kaufman and Morrie Ryskind, with music and lyrics by
George
and Ira Gershwin, Of Thee I Sing was the first musical to be awarded the
Pulitzer Prize.
It ran for a record 18 months, becoming the most popular show on Broadway
during the 1930s.  Its score includes such standards as its title song,
"Love Is Sweeping
the Country," and "Who Cares."

Tickets are $8, and can be purchased at the door or reserved by calling
440-423-3242.
Sara's Place, across from the Gates Mills Community House, offers a 20%
discount
on the food portion of the bill for diners who show a ticket from Of Thee I
Sing.