[NEohioPAL] "THE END?" IS NEAR!

Oddy Festival oddyfest at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 17:28:09 PST 2008

Please consider joining us at Heights Arts Studio a week from today
(Wednesday, December 3rd) at 8 for OddyFest December, *The End?*  Burn off
those turkey calories by laughing profusely at the absurdist ("A Flock of
Seagulls"), the bawdy ("The Last Satyr"), and the yoga ("Downward-Facing
Burt").  At the year's end, we're exploring implicitly or explicitly the end
of theatre as we know it.  Or just having a good time.  That works too.

Hope to see you at Heights Arts Studio 12/3 at 8!  Come at 7:30 for
a reading of a short story called "End School Zone," and stick around after
the play to hear Steve Maistros' holiday hit song, "Foreclosing Christmas."

*NEOHIOPAL DISCOUNTS CONTINUE!  HALF-PRICE ($5) IF YOU MENTION THIS EMAIL.*

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

*The Oddy Festival ends '08 with "The End?"*

The first and third Wednesdays in December at the Heights Arts Studio
in Cleveland
Heights explore the end of theatre as we know it.

*The FOURTH ODDY FEST SHOW*:

*THE END?*

*"A Flock of Seagulls" by Stuart Hoffman*

Stuart Hoffman, the Secretary from last month's "Klutz," has written a play,
if the actors could only stay in character and stop peeking at the script.

* *

*"The Last Satyr"* by Matt Greenfield*

In 533 A.D., the Roman Empire is crumbling and, at the edge of the empire, a
playwright-director tries to convince his bawdy-drunken goat-men crew and
new lead actress to give theatre one last go… if anyone shows up.

(Inspired by historical events in 533… and 2008.)

* "Downward-Facing Burt" by Steve Maistros*

Burt's wife practices yoga. Burt practices dying.

*That's not all! … Stick around for a third dramatic sampling*

*as well as original odd music to follow the plays, including the
Steve-Maistros-penned hit "Foreclosing Christmas"!*

*Two shows only!*

* *

*ODD WEDNESDAYS of DECEMBER:*

* *

*DECEMBER 3rd / DECEMBER 17th*

*8 p.m. *

*HEIGHTS ARTS STUDIO*

*2340 Lee Road (across the bridge)*

*(on the west side of the Cleveland Heights Library)*

* *

*DOORS OPEN 7:30!  ALL TICKETS $10**!*

* *

**Be warned of adult content: carpet-f-bombing and copious pelvic thrusting.
*

**

***I'm tired of offering NEOhioPAL discounts that are overly-complex. So, you
mention NEOhioPAL, you get in for half-price!*

--
Matt Greenfield
The Oddy Festival
oddyfest at gmail.com