[NEohioPAL] Hurry for BOGO this weekend for "Seussical" at Fine Arts!

Wanda Wareham WWareham at FineArtsAssociation.org
Tue Nov 25 13:34:41 PST 2008

Special Offer for NEOhioPal members!!
BOGO (buy one adult ticket and get one adult ticket FREE)
for the November 28, 29 & 30 performances of Seussical.
Call The Fine Arts Association at (440) 951-7500 and
give code name:  JoJo
__________________Here's the scoop....__________________
The Fine Arts Association

presents

"Seussical" the musical

Music by Stephen Flaherty
Lyrics by Lynn Ahrens
Book by Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty
Co-conceived by Lynn Ahrens, Stephen Flaherty and Eric Idle
Based on the works of Dr. Seuss

Directed & Choreographed by Pierre-Jacques Brault
Music Directed by Lori Anne Elias

Production Dates:
Nov. 28, Dec. 5, 12 & 19 at 7:30 p.m.
Nov. 29 & 30, Dec. 6, 7, 13, 14, 20 & 21 at 2 p.m.

The Corning Auditorium at The Fine Arts Association
38660 Mentor Avenue, Willoughby, Ohio 44094

Tickets:
$23/seniors & students; $25/adults
Log on to www.fineartsassociation.org
<http://www.fineartsassociation.org/>  or call (440) 951-7500

Cast:
Cat in the Hat-Brian Marshall
Jo Jo-Miles Sternfeld
Grinch-Kyle Lorek
Max the Dog-Danny Venorsky
Horton-Nathan A. Lilly
Cindy Lou Who-Erin Donovan
Mr. Mayor-Aaron Drews
Mrs. Mayor-Maria Thomas Lister
Sour Kangaroo-Lynette Turner
Gertrude McFuzz-Jennifer Myor
Gingas Kahn Schmidt-Ben Whitney
Maysie LaBird-Aimee Collier
Bird Girls-Chelsea Cooper, Haley Gagnon, Carly Gordon
Wickershams-Eddie Carney, Jon Gellott, James Lane
Thing One-Julia DiSanto
Thing Two-Ali Collingwood
Cat Helpers-Michael Crowley, Lauren Espinoza, Sarah Lane, Korbin
Lashley, Allyson Leisure, Rod O'Toole
Cadets of Who-Bryan Daly, Sean Manning, Matthew Moyseenko, Tyler Watt,
Sam Welch
Little Whos-Kylie Fronczek, Rachel Lane, Jackie Szabo, Caity Yanosko

Production Team:
Director-Pierre-Jacques Brault
Music Director-Lori Anne Elias
Stage Manager-Ann Hedger
Tech Director-Paul Gatzke
Lighting Designer-Lance Switzer
Costume Designer-Caitlin Sandham
Set Designer-Ben Needham
Sound Designer-Richard Ingraham

About the show:
"I can see that you've got quite a mind for your age!
Why, one Think and you dragged me right onto the stage!
Now, I'm here, there is no telling what may ensue
With a Cat such as me, and a Thinker like you!"

So says the mischievous Cat in the Hat at the onset of this fantastical,
magical, musical extravaganza! Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty (Lucky
Stiff, My Favorite Year, Once on This Island, and Ragtime) have lovingly
brought to life all of our favorite Dr. Seuss characters, including
Horton the Elephant, Gertrude McFuzz, Lazy Mayzie and all of the Whos of
Whoville!  These classic, colorful tales are seamlessly brought together
by Jojo, a young boy and "thinker of strange and wonderful thinks"! As
each story unfolds you will marvel at how relevant and profound Seuss's
subtle themes are; making this musical one that will appeal to all ages.
The score emerges as a Seussian gumbo of musical styles, ranging from
Latin to pop, swing to gospel, and R&B to funk! So let your toes tap,
your fingers snap, and your imagination run wild.

......Music Theatre International