[NEohioPAL] Wanted: a female, feminist director to direct a production scheduled for September, 2009 for Sacred Space of Cleveland, Ohio.

Jack Kilroy jpk1798 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 10:08:30 PST 2008

It is still a free enough country.  The EEOC recognizes "bona fide
occupational qualifications" as a legitimate basis for discrimination.
Thus, you could require a person to be able to speak spanish in order to
work on the air for a spanish radio show; you could restrict hiring to women
for a position as a women's prison guard; you could limit hiring to black
actors for the role of Jackie Robinson.  Seems to me that it is legitimate
to want a feminist woman to direct a show with a feminist perspective on the
ordination of women.

Jack Kilroy
Attorney at Law

--