[NEohioPAL] Agents

Denise Astorino denise.astorino at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 12:39:00 PST 2008

 Marti,

I can help with this. No No No to those that tell your students to pay them
an "agency fee".  I use to work for an agency downtown and I will tell you
this: Yes..there will be a cost for pictures...As any actor knows ...you
need headshots to market yourself. In Cleveland Ohio...it is not like
America's Next Top Model where an agency can PAY for pictures. You have to
front for pictures yourself. But...for an agency to tell you that you need
to pay an agency fee, or buy THEIR picture package, etc...is not an
organization that I would personally reccommend.

If an agency feels as if they can use a talent...they will sign them. They
don't want to waste the talent's or their own time. They can suggest
photographers who they know are talented and who's pictures get picked...but
they will not make pictures a part of a "deal" or a "package". They get no
commission from suggesting photographers in Cleveland. And there ARE very
very good photographers in Cleveland.

Some people have alot of luck with signing with an agent. Some don't. It's
very much luck of the draw in this area...some of closest friends are
amazing actors in the area...some have had tons of auditions..some haven't.
It's just the way it goes in that field.  But the agencies around here that
I am most familar with...are respectable.  And do not charge agency
fees...or tell an actor that they MUST go to a convention for 1000-3000
dollars.

Good luck with it and I hope it helps.

Denise

--
I will not be just a tourist in the world of images, just watching images
passing by which I cannot live in, make love to, possess as permanent