[NEohioPAL] HOMETOWN HOLIDAYS RETURNS TO MEDINA PERFORMING ARTS CENTER

Ansley Valentine avalentine at wooster.edu
Mon Dec 1 10:30:58 PST 2008

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT:

Vicki Calvin, Theater Manager

Medina Performing Arts Center

330.636.3246

calvinv at mcsoh.org

HOMETOWN HOLIDAYS RETURNS TO MEDINA PERFORMING ARTS CENTER

MEDINA, Ohio— Kick off the holiday season with the 2nd annual musical
revue, “Hometown Holidays” Saturday, December 13 at 7 p.m. and Sunday,
December 14 at 2 p.m. on the Middle Stage of Medina High School (851
Weymouth Rd.).

Directed by Ansley Valentine, associate professor of theatre at The
College of Wooster, "Hometown Holidays" is a family-oriented holiday
production featuring traditional Christmas songs, a tribute to our
troops, and a musical interpretation of “T’was The Night Before
Christmas.” New this year is a youth choir featuring students from the
Medina area. All patrons can stay after the show and take a photo with
Santa. Medina audiences may have seen other productions Valentine has
worked on such as “The King & I” and “Showtime” at the Medina Performing
Arts Center.

“I am so excited to be remounting and revising this great holiday show,”
says Valentine. “There is something for everyone—even Santa Claus for
the little ones. We wanted to create a show that would give families a
mix of traditional, popular and classical Christmas music, plus an
audience sing-a-long at the end of the show.”

Under the music direction of Guy Wehman, the cast includes Tom Burnett,
Dan Doty, Irene Haller, Ed Haller, Elena Hoffmann, Miles Howell, Nigel
Hujar, Michelle Hujar, Montgomery Hujar, Dana Keuhn, Ben Magargee,
Brendan Maxwell, Jamie Maxwell, Dottie Nemec, Michael Nemec, Annie Kate
Raglow, Jamie Raglow, Marie Smith, and Emily Urban.

.

“We greatly enlarged the cast this year,” says Valentine. “After
experimenting with the format last year, we wanted to make this year a
much grander, and more inclusive production.”

“We are hoping to evoke the feeling of an old Perry Como or Bing Crosby
holiday special,” adds Valentine. “The production will be set in a
family home on Christmas Eve.’"

Ticket prices are $10 for adults, $8 for children under the age of 12,
and $8 per person for groups of 20 or more. All seats are general
admission, and tickets are on sale now. Cash, check, Visa and MasterCard
will be accepted. For more information, contact the box office at the
Medina Performing Arts Center at 330-636-3400.

###
ne