[NEohioPAL] Jacob Marley Returns to Arts First Grace

JT Buck jtbuck at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 1 23:13:52 PST 2008

For 3rd Year, Akron Troupe gives Dickens’ ‘Carol’ a Provocative ‘Twist’

Arts First Grace happily announces the return of Jacob
Marley's Christmas Carol”, a play Tom Mula.

Directed By JT Buck

Featuring Dan Camburn, Michael Pitt and Toni Clair

Performances:

December 12 thru December 20

Friday and Saturday at 7 PM (note early time)

Special Christmas Eve Performance

Wednesday, Dec. 24 at 10PM

Admission is free.  A $10 donation is suggested to cover costs.

Call 330-212-6709 or email jtbuck at ameritech.net for
reservations/questions.

Location

First Grace United Church of Christ

350
S. Portage Path (at W. Exchange Street) in Akron

Conveniently
located near The Akron Woman's City Club and

Free,
convenient and well-lit parking

Fully
Handicap accessible

(Page
1 of 2)

About
the Show

"Scrooge?
I have to redeem old Scrooge? The one man I knew who was worse than I was?
Impossible!"

Thus
begins Jacob Marley's frightening, funny, smart and ultimately

exhiirating
journey to redemption. Marley is trapped in a desolate post-mortem
neitherworld, fettered with the chains of greed and envy he forged in life.
Relying on the power of his own imagination, and with the assistance of a
personal 'hell-sprite', Marley can only secure his release by personally stage
managing the redemption of his business partner, Ebeneezer Scrooge. Along the
way, Marley and the audience are confronted with profound questions about the
interplay of love, forbearance and imagination in our own lives.

Jacob
Marley's Christmas Carol played for two seasons at Chicago's Goodman Theatre.
The show was nominated for four Joseph Jefferson Awards, and received an After
Dark Award and the Goodman School of Drama's Cunningham Prize for Playwriting.
The play has since been performed to rave reviews and

standing
ovations in theatres across the country, including: Cincinnati Shakespeare,
American Stage Festival, Delaware Rep, Bristol Riverside Theatre, Stages
Repertory in Houston, North Coast Rep, Third Avenue Playhouse, Sage Theatre
Group, and the 1894 Opera House. For seven seasons, it has been broadcast
nationally on NPR.

JT Buck
Arts Director
First Grace United Church of Christ