[NEohioPAL] Great Roles Available - Audition Reminder

Zoldessy, Brian Brian.Zoldessy at tri-c.edu
Tue Dec 2 16:08:24 PST 2008

AUDITION NOTICE

The Mandel Jewish Community Center of Cleveland
in association with Cuyahoga Community College Eastern Campus Theatre Arts
presents

Cleveland Heights
By Keith Reddin
Directed by Brian Zoldessy

Cleveland Heights: In a compelling new work commissioned by The Mandel JCC Arts & Culture Program, playwright Keith Reddin presents a 'slice of life' depiction of a fictional Jewish family in mid-20th century Cleveland. For his research, Reddin interviewed several Jewish Clevelanders, and it is from their personal histories that his script was born. Follow the journey of Reddin's commission at www.mjccnewplay.blogspot.com <https://cccmail.tri-c.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.mjccnewplay.blogspot.com/> .

AUDITION DATES: Sunday, December 7 and Monday, December 8 from 6pm - 9pm. Please prepare a 1-2 minute comic or dramatic monologue of your choice. Auditions will be held in the Mandel Community Room, The Mandel JCC, 26001 S. Woodland Rd., Beachwood, 44122. Equity and non-Equity actors welcome. For an audition appointment, please call Sue Sellers at 216-593-6258.

CALLBACKS: (Readings from the script.) Monday, December 15 from 7pm - 10pm. Callbacks will be held in Multipurpose Room at The Mandel JCC.

PRODUCTION DATES: February 26 - March 15, 2009 at the Performing Arts Center, main stage, Tri-C Eastern Campus. Performances are Thursdays at 7:30pm, Saturdays at 8pm and Sundays at 2pm. There will be one weekday matinee on Wednesday, March 4 at 1:30pm. Rehearsals will begin on Sunday, February 1.

CAST: 3 women, 3 men
There are AEA contracts available. Non-AEA will be paid a stipend.

ROLES:

Aaron - ages from late 20's (Act I) to 50's (Act II)

David - (double role) - Aaron's younger brother - 20's (Act I)    Henry - Catherine's nephew- 20's (Act II)

Sarah - Aaron's sister - ages from early 20's (Act I) to late 40's/early 50's (Act II)

Faye - their mother - 50's

Sam - (double role) a family friend - late 40's/early 50's (Act I)   Sammy - (Sam Junior) - 50's (Act II)

Catherine - (double role) Aaron's wife - 50's (Act II)   Rose - Aaron, David and Sarah's Aunt 50's (Act I)

The play takes place in a living room in a home in Cleveland Heights

Act One - 1940s
Act Two - 1970s