[NEohioPAL] MUSICAL DIRECTOR NEEDED ASAP: St. Michael Jr. High Drama Club

Antoinette Kula akula at ashland.edu
Thu Dec 4 20:56:56 PST 2008

My name is Theresa Avsec, and I am the parent incharge of the St. Michael
School Jr. High Drama Theatre. We are in desperate need of a musical
director for our upcoming show.

                We will be doing a Pioneer Drama production *Nifty Fifties*.
We always have huge casts 50-70 kids, and we have to find plays with large
chorus possibilities.  Our drama club is made up of the Junior High students
at St. Michaels.  They are an incredible bunch of kids to work with, well
mannered and respectful (but not necessarily musically gifted). It has never
mattered; our musical director and stage director have always been able to
work their magic!  We always purchase the music CD of the shows and make
copies for the kids so they can learn all of the songs at home.  We have a
huge parent volunteer base and work closely with the directors on whatever
they need.

            Your time demands would be Auditions:  December 17, 2:45 –
5:30/6:00.  Practice will start after Xmas Break. We will practice 2-3 times
a week from afterschool until 5:00 at Independence Old Town Hall.  In
addition to our Director, and Music Director, we also have a choreographer.
It works best when only 2 of the three people are there at once.  Someone
works upstairs with half the group and someone works downstairs with the
other half of the group, so all three directors are not needed all days.  We
are very flexible, and work around your schedule.

This schedule stays the same for January and the first week of February. The
only addition to that schedule is Monday, January 19th, the kids are off
school and historically we have practiced from 9am – 2pm.   On our long days
we carve out time for costume checks, and food, so it would not be necessary
for you to be there all day on those days.

                Our show is scheduled for February 19, 20 (Thursday and
Friday), so that entire week is "hell week".  We practice all day on Monday,
February 16th as there is no school, then Tuesday and Wednesday until
9:30-10:00pm.  These are the first days in the auditorium.  We rent
Independence Middle School Auditorium for our shows. This is a paying
position.  In the past we have paid between $700-$750.

You can email me at TheresaA at nesao.com or reach me on my cell at
216-410-2780

Theresa Avsec

Parent Coordinator