[NEohioPAL] Unsolicited Opinion of Peter Pan at Beck

Noah Budin nbudin at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 11 08:31:12 PST 2008

Hello Friends and Colleagues -

Just wanted to post my personal observations about the Beck Center's production of Peter Pan, which I saw opening night.

Peter Pan
at the Beck Center is professional theater at its best. It totally
transported me to that extraordinary place where one forgets one is
watching a play; I was living and breathing the story along with the
characters. It reaches that rare intersection where fantasy and reality
meet, the line between childlike wonder and real-world truth becomes
blurred and the willing suspension of disbelief is not only willing,
but absolutely surrenders. Not only that, but it’s a damn entertaining
piece of theater!

I may be, in some respects, maybe, kind of, just a little bit biased in my opinion and in the reporting of it. But aren't we all? (That's a rhetorical question - not meant to provoke responses and start a whole new thread here.) We all come to the theater, or any piece of art, with our own expectations, likes and dislikes, and preconceived notions. That's what makes this whole business so human and exciting.

But I loved the show - I was even teary at the end - and I just thought I'd share that with you here. Please see it, if you can still get tickets.

Thanks,
Noah
www.noahbudin.com