[NEohioPAL] We need your help

The Kent Stage wrfaa at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 09:30:48 PST 2008

December 11, 2008
330-677-5005
www.kentstage.org
wrfaa at yahoo.com

We Need Your Help

Dear Friend of the Kent Stage:
Since its founding in March 2002, The Kent Stage, under the management of the Western Reserve Folk Arts Association, has provided Northeast Ohio with the opportunity to see and meet the world's leading performers of traditional and progressive acoustic music.  Included among those are music icons Joan Baez, Tom Paxton, Richie Havens, Bo Diddley, Janis Ian, Leo Kottke, Ralph Stanley, Leon Redbone, Tim O'Brien, Sam Bush, Nancy Griffith, Riders in the Sky, and many more too numerous to list.  Over the past 7 years, The Kent Stage has become the place to play for local musicians and the place to find the Kent Blues Festival, Up From the River Festival, and one of the oldest folk festivals in America--the Kent State Folk Festival.

All of this has been accomplished through the efforts and support of a small, all-volunteer group dedicated to bringing the finest music to the area and providing one of the best venues in the country to enjoy the experience.  We believe The Kent Stage sets the standard for presenting great music at the lowest possible expense.  However, the revenue generated by ticket sales alone is not enough.  We need your help.

While we have grown substantially over the years, our day-to-day operating expenses have grown as well.  The gas, electric and water bills have almost doubled and the insurance and rent expenses have increased significantly.  Our 1927 theater has served us well, but there is much work to be done to continue and enhance The Kent Stage experience.   Projects contemplated include improvements to the restrooms, HVAC system, lobby, entrance, and back stage areas.  Potential long-term projects include restoration of the lobby and theater to its 1927 art deco splendor.  We want to expand our membership and volunteer base.  Over the next few months, we hope to engage new members who will add their experience and expertise in continuing the growth of The Kent Stage.

The tough economic times facing our area also threaten our ability to accomplish our goals of preserving and presenting the music to the public.  You can help assure a bright future for The Kent Stage.  As you consider your year-end charitable contributions, we hope that you will put The Kent Stage at the top of your list.  Your 100% tax deductible gift will have a direct impact on our efforts to continue the growing tradition of The Kent Stage.  Donations can be made to "Friends of The Kent Stage" or "Western Reserve Folk Arts Association" and sent to The Kent Stage, 175 East Main Street, Kent, Ohio 44240.  If you are interested in becoming more involved, please contact us at wrfaa at yahoo.com.

We sincerely thank you for your support and extend our best wishes for the holidays.

Tom Simpson
Richele Charlton
Mike O'Neal
Greg Janik

The Western Reserve Folk Arts Association is a 501(c)(3) organization.

Upcoming events
Tim O'Brien  1/16
Kathleen Edwards  1/30
The Gibson Brothers 2/12
Standing Rock Film Festival 2/24
Claire Lynch Band  2/28
 An Evening with Leo Kottke  4/2
 John Gorka & Susan Werner  4/17

Check website for additional concerts/events

Gift Certificates to The Kent Stage are Great Holiday Gifts!
 What better gift for the music lover on your holiday list than a gift certificate to their favorite concert venue?  The Kent Stage gift certificates are available in an denomination you wish.  Each one is personalized and mailed within 24 hours anywhere in the country.  To order a gift certificate, please email us at wrfaa at yahoo.com and we will contact you via the phone.  The gift certificates are valid for any event at The Kent Stage in 2009.  Keep in mind that only a small portion of the upcoming concerts have been announced.  Great concerts are in the works including our Seventh Anniversary event!

 The Kent Stage is located at 175 East Main Street in downtown Kent, Ohio.  There is FREE parking behind the theater and on all city streets.  Advance tickets are available at Woodsy's Music and Spin-More Records in Kent, or at www.kentstage.org or call 1-800-595-4849 or 330-677-5005.  Tickets will also be available at the door.  Doors open one hour before concert.  If you have any questions please email us at wrfaa at yahoo.com or information at kentstage.org or call 330-677-5005.

Forward email

This email was sent to wrfaa at yahoo.com by wrfaa at yahoo.com.

The Kent Stage/Western Reserve Folk Arts Association | 175 East Main Street | Kent | OH | 44240