[NEohioPAL] New Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra Performs Holiday Concert on December 21

Christine Montague christine.montague at att.net
Sat Dec 13 08:26:01 PST 2008

Stephen Eva Announces Formation of Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra

Inaugural, Holiday-themed Concert to be Performed on December 21

Renowned musical director Stephen Eva announces that he has formed the
Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra, a new musical endeavor that will bring
studio arrangements, and the classics that inspired them, to concerts in the
Chagrin Valley. The Studio Orchestra is the only known orchestra in the
region with a particular focus on studio arrangements. Written as film
scores and rarely played live, studio arrangements represent some of the
most dynamic music of our time, by some of the most respected composers. The
Studio Orchestra will afford its audience the opportunity to hear these
original works played live.

Stephen A. Eva will serve as musical director and conductor. Mr. Eva is well
known in the Cleveland music scene, most notably for his 25-year position as
musical director/conductor for the Hermit Club Symphony Orchestra. Priscilla
Eva, sister of Mr. Eva, will serve as concertmaster. A graduate of the
Eastman and Manhattan Schools of Music, Ms. Eva has toured with the Vienna
Boys Choir performed with Opera Cleveland, Cleveland Pops, the Blossom
Festival Orchestra, New York City Opera Touring Company, and the Eastman
Studio Orchestra.

 "The artistic vision for the Studio Orchestra is 'more than a concert' as
we strive to enhance performances with guest artists, singers, and
multi-media. We want the experience to be fun and relaxed-without the hushed
formality of a typical concert-like music was meant to be heard," says
Stephen Eva.

The Studio Orchestra will present "Here We Go a Wassailing," its inaugural,
family-friendly concert on Sunday, December 21, 2008, at 7 p.m at the
Chagrin Valley Little Theatre (40 River Street, Chagrin Falls). In the
spirit of traditional caroling, the audience is encouraged to "wassail"
along to beloved carols including Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire, Silver
Bells, Frosty the Snowman, and We Need a Little Christmas, as well as
original studio arrangements for It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year
and O Holy Night. Internationally renowned musicians Jocelyn Chang on harp
and Michael Leese on flute will offer a pre-concert performance beginning at
6:15 p.m., and will join the Studio Orchestra as guest artists during the
concert along with Cleveland-area vocalists Ryann Angelotti, Pat Mazzarino,
and Bridgette Davis. Tickets are $15 for all seats and may be purchased
through the Little Theatre by visiting  <http://www.cvlt.org> www.cvlt.org;
calling 440-247-8955; or stopping by the box office, Monday through
Saturday, from 1-6 p.m. "Here We Go a Wassailing" is presented by the Studio
Orchestra and Chagrin Valley Little Theater, and sponsored by Hamlet
Retirement Village.

###