[NEohioPAL] From the New York Times; straight shows down, musical theatre up

Mark Cipra cipram at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 17 04:48:47 PST 2008

Not to revive our old (privately-conducted) "which approach to Shakespeare is best?" debate, but theater is theater.  It's there to stimulate the imagination, and even "The Little Mermaid" can do that.  Well, maybe not "The Little Mermaid", but at least "The Lion King".

Mark Cipra
__
"Aristotle thought it was edifying to watch terrible things happen to noble people. Why this should be so, I do not know. But you've got to hand it to him for noticing the phenomenon." Craig Lucas