[NEohioPAL] Lucia Columbi - Artistic Director, Ensemble Theatre

Robert Hawkes rhhawkes at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 17:16:56 PST 2009

My relationship with Lucia, which dates back to early days of Ensemble,
though not the actual inception, had its uproarious ups and downs and joys
and sorrows. Mostly I am grateful for somebody who brought this community a
vision of what a small theatre could do; who kept her eye on the prize
despite obstacles and failures; who scored some really notable successes;
and who gave me - and many others - the chance to do plays and roles that we
would never have had the chance to do elsewhere. And however we may have
sometimes differed and disagreed, those opportunities, for me, are the
bottom line, and my hat is off, as my thoughts and prayers go with Lucia to
the next plane.

RHH