[NEohioPAL] Belly Dance Classes in Westlake, starting Monday Jan. 12th!

Soraya M. sorayasun at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 5 20:17:18 PST 2009

Announcing Raqs Sharqi (Belly Dance) classes starting back up in Westlake:

Two 6-week sessions offered back-to-back.  During each session you can take Level 1, Level 2 or both.  Classes held at the Westlake Recreation Center. 28955 Hilliard Blvd, Westlake, OH 44145  Phone# 440-808-5700.  Visit the center to register.

Level I:  A course for the beginner belly dancer or dancer of any level who wishes to refine her technique and drill the basics.  Focus will be placed on foundation technique including various hip and torso isolations, shimmies, basic combinations, intro to veil and basic Arabic rhythms and developing your 'ear' for Middle-Eastern/North African music.

Level II:  A course for dancers of advanced standing who have previous dance experience or have completed Belly Dance Level I.  This course will focus on refining and embellishing your basic technique with layering movements and combinations with pops, locks, shimmies and developing your own interpretative style, improvisation, veil dancing and Arabic rhythms.

See website for details: http://www.cityofwestlake.org/recreation/index.php and download the winter brochure.  Schedule listed on page 28.

Session 1
Mondays
Jan. 12 - March 2
  Level 1  7:30 - 8:30pm
  Level 2  8:30 - 9:30pm
**Note: no class on 1/19, 2/16

Session 2
Mondays
March 9 - April 27
  Level 1  7:30 - 8:30pm
  Level 2  8:30 - 9:30pm
**Note: no class on 4/6, 4/13

Class Fee per session:  $70 for members, $75 for residents of Westlake, $80 for non-residents

**Register for Belly Dance Level I and Level II and enjoy the Discounted Rate for both:  $120 for members, $125 for residents, $130 for non-residents**

Wear comfortable clothes like leggings or yoga pants with tank top or equivalent so that you can stretch and I can see your technique.  Also bring a hip scarf, veil, and zills if you have them.

See you all on Monday for another exciting session!!

~Soraya~