[NEohioPAL] Call to Artists: Save Room for Dessert

Ruth Koenigsmark rkoenigsmark at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 24 10:17:40 PST 2009

Lakewood is Art
Call for Artists
 ……
“Save Room for Dessert”
 a Valentine’s Day Auction to benefit
Family Haven

Saturday, February 14, 2008
7:00pm to 10:00pm
Local Girl Gallery
16106 Detroit Avenue Lakewood, OH

The evening will be highlighted by an auction of hand painted dessert dishes designed by local artists.

The auction, featuring one-of-a-kind dessert dishes created locally, is an opportunity for painters, decorators, and other creative people to use dessert dishes as their palette. Dishes can be painted/decorated in any style, from traditional to outrageous, colorful, sculptural, decorative, whimsical or avant-garde.  We ask that you design at least two(set) for the auction.
The individual artists will provide all paint, and any other materials. Dishes can be picked up from Local Girl Gallery while supplies last.

There is no entry fee and dishes must be completed and dropped off to Local Girl Gallery by Saturday, February 8, 2008. A brief description of each set, its title, and an artist/designer bio should accompany the set.  The event is limited to the first forty-five artists who register.
Questions can be forwarded to Ruth Koenigsmark(216)521-2894 or rkoenigsmark at yahoo.com.
Family Haven is a non-profit organization providing services to people with developmental disabilities in Bay Village, Westlake, Lakewood and Strongsville. Our main objective is to provide a loving, home-like atmosphere where adults with developmental disabilities can maximize their potential in the least restrictive environment. We are dedicated to the principle of enabling residents to live as normal and dignified lives as possible within the limitations of their impairment. For more information about Family Haven and to visit our online store please go http://www.familyhaven.org/index.html